I am a regular speaker and webinar presenter.
Speaking and Webinar Engagements 2017:
- Fighting Fake News (PCI Webinars, February 2017)
- How Publishers Can Thrive in an Open Access Marketplace (UKSG, April 2017)
- Helping Kids and Teens Tell the Truth in a Time of Alternative Facts (California Library Association Youth Services Institute, May 2017)
- An Overview of Open Access Publishing (PCI Webinars, July 2017)
- Scholarly Publishers: Essential to the Success of Open Access (National Federation of Advanced Information Societies Open Access Conference, Closing Keynote, October 2017)
In addition to speaking, I regularly teach the course “Digital Scholarship: New Metrics, New Modes” for the Library Juice Academy.
I would be pleased to work with librarians, publishers and scientific groups that are seeking to use the web to productively change scientific communication in the 21st century. Current clients include the publisher Annual Reviews.